Children's Safety at Nursery
It is our duty to ensure that all children in the nursery are safe at all times and we appreciate your contribution to this.
- Please hold your child’s hand when bringing and collecting them from the nursery. It is particularly important when walking through the nursery gardens and in the main corridor.
- Always close any internal doors behind you particularly the ones going into the nursery and the gates in the children’s play areas.
- If you move house or change your phone number, please inform the office immediately to ensure we can contact you quickly if necessary.
- Make sure you keep us informed of all the carers who are allowed to bring or collect your child. Introduce them to the room staff and let us know if there are any changes to the agreed arrangements.
- Please arrive on time when bringing and collecting your child. Entrance to the nursery in the morning and at the end of the day is through the back gate into the nursery garden, from Head Street. It is open between 9:15 – 9:30 am and from 3:15 – 3:30 pm and is locked at all other times. Entrance at all other times is through reception.
- Please remember that parking is prohibited on Walter Terrace and Head Street. (except for residents in the designated bays) It is also illegal to park in front of the school gates, in front of the residents’ garages or in the area next to the school. Leaving your car at home each day helps to ensure that all the children are safe when coming to and leaving nursery.
- Please do not drive down Head Street, it puts children and families at risk as you will have to reverse back out again.